No title

A while back, I had this orientation session for campus placements, where a speaker told this story. It was something that had me thinking. I wanted to document it then and there, but he was really fast, and there were so many other things happening around me that I couldn't write this one down. I swore not to forget the story, but it kept moving in and out of memory. When I desperately wanted to remember it, nothing would come to my mind. But sometimes, all of a sudden, I'd remember it. Today being one such lucky day, I decided to record it, before it vanishes off my mind.

One fine Sunday afternoon, A was sitting at home and watching a match (obviously, cricket) between India and Pakistan. It looked like a easy win for India. As the match was going on, B, a good friend of A, came to his home. He saw the match going on in the television, went into the kitchen, made some coffee and came over to watch the match.

Meanwhile, the game was getting worse, there were lots of wicket falls. A was getting worried and started imagining things like B was a bad omen / ill luck, because from the time he stepped into my home, Indians aren't playing well. When he glanced at B, who seemed to enjoying his coffee, he got even more pissed.

Finally it was down to 6 runs 2 balls, and at that moment, Harbhajan, who came forward to take a hit, was stumped. A was becoming paranoid and started cursing B under his breath. He decided to beat the shit out of B if India loses.

1 ball and 6 runs required. Naturally, as you would have guessed, it was sixer! India had won the match. A was jumping up and down with joy. B, on the other hand, was still calm and sipping the coffee. A had had enough. So, he questioned B, "Aren't you happy that India won the match?"
B replied, "Arey yar, ye tho last week match ka replay hi" (Translation: Hey man, this is just a replay of last week's match)

A was dumbstruck.

The story ends there. Naturally, I should have written a moral or whatever it is that got me thinking in this story, but I really am unable to put it down in words/proper coherent sentences of what's going through my mind. Some day when I really find the right words, I hope to update this post ;)

Gotta go now, Ciao!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2½ Years!

Happy 4 to us!

Kudremukh!