I'm the appatucker!

Well folks, it's official, I'm a Chartered Accountant now, and what more, I'm placed. Ok, the results came almost 2 months back. Being the lazy brat that I am, I kept procrastinating this post. I better not delay it anymore, lest I forget the entire episode.

Result day. 

After having tasted failure in one group in the previous exams, this time I was ready for anything, but of course, I was nervous. So on the day of the result, I went about doing my usual chores and proceeded to the tailoring class (took this up as a hobby to keep myself occupied).

This time around, I wasn't really hopeful that I'd make it , because of that one last paper which had practically screwed my hope of clearing the exams. The moment I saw that question paper, I knew I was in for a toss. My eyes were almost brimming with tears. I didn't understand half of what had been asked in the question paper. Having written the previous exam really well and this being the last exam, I became a little over confident and lethargic. Somehow I managed to stay in the exam hall for the whole 3 hours and write whatever that came to my mind, instead of just walking off right away, though the latter option seemed the right thing to do.

Now coming back to the present, the results were due at 2 PM, but I know they'd be released around 10 or 11 AM. I started becoming more nervous by every passing minute. But since there were a lot of people around in the class, I kept engaging in conversations with them to reduce the nervousness. At around 11 30 AM, I got a call from friend. The results were out. She was like, donkey, didn't check whatsapp, you cleared with a total score of 200 (FYI, a 200 on 400 is the pass mark). I had made it through.. HURRAYYYYYY!!!! 

I called up my dad, and he was like, come home right away. And when I did come home, the look on his face said it all. He was really really happy. All I could think of was, thank god, I didn't let him down again. Still I hadn't checked out the individual scores. As expected the penultimate paper was the saviour of the day, a 65 in that had helped in reaching in the reaching in the total of 200. And in the last paper which I was so worried about, the score was 44. Not bad! 

It still felt like a dream. Here I was a qualified chartered accountant, a course which I had decided to take up 7 years ago for the mere reason that I didn't want to do engineering. Calls  kept flooding the whole day with relatives and friends congratulating me on the success and wishing luck!

Like they say, once you succeed, all stories become success stories. The same happened with me too. 

5 years of hardship, all for these 2 letters, CA. All that I can hope for now is, these words are worth the hype that surround them.





P.S.: Placement episodes, a separate post!


Ciao!!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2½ Years!

Happy 4 to us!

Kudremukh!