Surprised ! Impressed !!



Three days of holidays and no plans to go anywhere - that was so unlike me. Well, the circumstances demanded I stay in town. Had to do some work but in the end, all I'm doing is stay at home the whole day. I could have probably sneaked a visit to the library or that bookstore which I wanted to visit for quite a while now, but the Sun and the summer heat wasn't really helping either. Home was my cozy abode, and I just didn't feel like budging.

The day began on a very lazy note. My dad was to coming down today, so I had to go pick up him from the bus stand when he reached. But when he called up, I woke up, saw my brother sleeping beside me, very smartly woke him up and made him do the driver's job (That's how lazy I was). Dad came, we talked for a while and off he went to my aunt's place with my brother on tow and I was on my own again. Started reading Dan Brown's Digital Fortress, but 45 minutes into the book, I became restless. Not that the book wasn't interesting, I really needed to do something else. Switched over to watching some serials, but halfway through it started dozing off and eventually slept for another 2 hours (Mind you, I had a very nice sleep of 7 hrs the previous night). Woke up feeling hungry and had some food. 


Now, the time was around 2pm. Finally, I decide I gotta do something worthwhile and proceed on to clean my wardrobe. As I was finishing it, my brother comes over and we start watching some new Bollywood flick. It wasn't that great a movie and this time, halfway through it, my brother quits and asks me to drop him off at the bus stand as he had to get back to school. Thus, after almost an entire morning and afternoon inside the house, I take the first step out at around 5pm. I drop him and come back home only to continue off with the serials again, but the same feeling haunts.

To break free from it, I take a walk for around the area and end up seeing an amazing sunset. Well, I personally love watching sun rise and sun set, especially in the beaches. It gives me some sense of peace or happiness or whatever you can call that feeling to be.

Energetic but a little fatigued, I come home. The stomach rings its bell again. FOOD. And thus, my dear fellas, begins the best part of the day. I decide to put my culinary skills to test. As I was debating on what to try out, a friend of mine suggested Rotis. And I was all game for it. Point to be noted here, all I have ever done before with regards to Roti is put in on the pan :P Never before have I ever tried kneading the dough though I had this annoying habit of grabbing a ball of the dough while it was kneaded. So, I go ahead, mix all the ingredients, knead the dough, flatten the dough which usually should be circular. But my Rotis were anything but circular. They were triangular or square or some random polygon. I cook them over. And guess what, the Rotis actually turned out pretty well. Wonder whether it was my really amazing culinary skills or the fact that I was super hungry (I hope it is the former ;-)) that the Roti tasted soooooooo good. Must say, I was mighty surprised and impressed. 



And that's a piece of my Roti with carrot :D :D 

Mission accomplished. *Pats on the back*

Cheers to more such successful experiments,
G

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2½ Years!

Happy 4 to us!

Kudremukh!