A run after what feels like an Eternity!

Given that I have documented every one of my running journey in this blog, it is only right that I document this here as well.

So yes, I ran a 3k run today after almost 1.7 years. Ever since the Malnad Ultra got over, my running practices slowly dwindled and it came to a full halt as I got pregnant. 

The first 3 months of postpartum went by in sleepless nights, endless eating and the onset of Covid-19. Towards the end of 3 months is when I decided I should atleast start walking. And so, I began walking in loops on the terrace. It was quite a task to walk that way, and I wasn't quite sure if it would really help. But something is better than nothing right, so I continued walking that way for a couple of months. The biggest trouble was, I couldn't be consistent with it. Some weeks, I walked almost everyday, in others, I skipped the walks for days together. Even after all this, I was still hesitant to run because I was not quite sure if my body was really ready for the run. 

By June, I had to resume work. Though it was only work from home, I wasn't able to allocate a time to continue my terrace walks. And eventually, the walks stopped. I did try to join a couple of friends who went on walks / runs early in the morning, but since my night sleeps are very disturbed these days, I wasn't able to get up on time in the mornings. So that too didn't work out. Then came V's back pain. He suffered from severe back pain having to sit for hours together in front of the system owing to work from home. In order to ease out the pain, the Doc suggested him to go for a walk, and I tagged along with him. We walked along the MRTS road till Sunshine School and back home in the evening, which was almost a 4k distance. This continued for almost 3 weeks, and stopped again, because either of us always had calls or other at that time. 

Then came October, which began and continued with almost zero workout. Last weekend I went on a small one day trek, and that is when I realised how out of form my body had become. I was almost panting for short uphill climbs. Though my endurance remained the same, I was fatigued quite easily. And that is when I decided I should start running again. 

After two mornings of snoozing alarms and rain not allowing me to venture out, I managed to wake up and run today. It was a 3k, in a comfortable slow jog. It felt so good to be running after so long. Happy that my body co-operated, even though it will surely take a while for it to get used to this and improve the pace. I only pray that I practice consistently. 

Consistency..the one word that keeps reverberating in my mind all the while now. 

I will post the next update once I complete my November goal of 60km. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2½ Years!

Happy 4 to us!

Kudremukh!